The US Department of Education has proposed new Financial Value Transparency and expanded Gainful Employment regulations that will impact all colleges and universities. These new regulations are not just for ‘for-profit institutions.’ The impact is also on public and private-not-for-profit institutions too.
Regulations are difficult to discern. And each college or university has its own unique circumstances to consider. So that you don’t have to search for resources and then read and evaluate the quality of them, I’ve included a few of the best on this topic:
- DOE Announcement and Summary of Proposed Regs – 5/17/23
- Official version of the proposed regulations 5/19/23
- DOE Factsheet Holding Colleges Accountable for Delivering Financial Value for Students (n.d.)
- Thompson Coburn review (attorney review) 5/25/23
- NASFAA policy review 5/25/23
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) policy review 5/24/23
- Lurking Behind the Headlines (attorney review) 6/6/23
- Ed Department Eyes New Requirements for All Programs (Inside HigherEd) 6/20/23
- Leading Gainful Employment Metric Reporting 9/6/2016 [Article written by a colleague and me. Published in New Directions for Institutional Research, check your library for access. Clients receive a complimentary copy.]
The proposed regulations impact:
Public Colleges & Universities
Private Not-For-Profit Colleges & Universities
Private For-Profit Colleges & Universities
Need help with Financial Transparency and Gainful Employment Reporting & Strategy?
When you are ready, here are some ways I can help you:
- Your institution’s Data Analytics report for the College Affordability and Transparency Center (CATC) data. The CATC Definitive Guide is a free resource.
- Financial modeling for current and proposed academic programs, which have satisfied institutional accreditation reviews.
- Assist institutions in submitting student records that meet Gainful Employment requirements. I’ve successfully helped institutions submit more than 1 million records.
- Gainful Employment metric modeling for current and proposed degree programs.
Some additional relevant information about me:
- Lead author on Leading Gainful Employment Metric Reporting article. [All clients receive a complimentary copy of this article.]
- National IPEDS Trainer for 15 years.
- Invited to serve on the National Postsecondary Education Cooperative.
When you are ready, let’s connect for a Discovery Session (free 30 minutes).